Each troupe is allowed to submit 2 - 2 person teams.
1. Time limit: 3 (three) minutes maximum.
2. Preliminary rounds will be open for people to watch (laugh and cheer on).
3. NOTE: NO planning time will be given.
4. When the troupe director registers a pair for Improvisational Pairs, the pair will be scheduled into a time slot.
5. When a team is called, they introduce themselves to the judge and are given 2 suggestions from which the improv scene will be inspired. The suggestion can come from any of the following categories: (1) A relationship between two people, (2) An object, (3) A location, (4) An occupation or hobby, or (5) Any word or phrase. For example, "Hi, I am Joe Smith [and I am Jane Lee] from Anytown High School. We are going to improvise a scene for you, but we need a suggestion to get started.” The judge will give them a suggestion for 2 of the categories. Team members repeat the suggestions given to confirm it was heard correctly, then thank the judge for their suggestion and begin the scene. (Please note, the improv will begin immediately; there will be no planning.) To end the scene, actors break character and call "Scene!" Otherwise, the judge will call your scene at the 3-minute mark.
6. There will be multiple preliminary rooms. From each of the preliminary rooms top pairs will be chosen to participate in the finals. The final round will take place on the main stage for everyone to watch. Awards from the final round will be presented at the Closing Ceremonies.